Your Cart is Empty

Cabernet Franc 2017

The fruit comes from a single vineyard, mountainside site on the Gabriëlskloof property. The soil is a combination of Overberg Shale and Table Mountain Sandstone, with this complexity transferred into the wine through a lovely mix of fruit and spice. The vineyard is 15 years old, and this maturity shows in the depth and character of the wine. 90% of the crop was destemmed with the remaining 10% left as whole clusters. The wine was fermented wild and aged in 500L barrels for 18 months, with 30% new French Oak used.

The wine is unmistakably Cabernet Franc, with notes of tobacco leaf, bell pepper and plum leading into an elegant, refined palate with fine tannins and just enough grip to balance the concentrated red fruit. Delicious now and into 2022.


Angela Lloyd's Tasting note in Platter 2019

"Cab Franc in hedonistic mode, 2016 rich in aromatics - tobacco, woodsmoke & forest floor - & flavour; plush but controlled by fine acid line, assured structure. Oak, 50% new, carefully tuned enhancement. 93pts"


Tasting notes

2015 | 2016 | 2017



Net Orders Checkout

Item Price Qty Total
Subtotal R 0.00

Shipping Address

Shipping Methods